Dogs go crazy for these biscuits. When my dogs smell them cooking they know that it will soon be time for treats! You can use any type of meat broth in them, or just use water if broth isn’t on hand.
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 cups whole wheat flour
• 2 cups cracked wheat
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon brewers’ yeast
• ½ cup dry milk powder
• 3 cups beef broth
• 1/8 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl combine white flour, whole wheat flour, cracked wheat, cornmeal, garlic powder, brewer’s yeast and instant milk. Stir in 2 cups broth. Mix the ingredients well using either your hands or a heavy duty electric mixer. The dough should be very stiff. Gradually mix in the remaining 1 cup broth to make a bread-dough consistency.
- Roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thickness on a floured board. Cut out biscuits into any shape you please. Place the biscuits on the prepared cookie sheet. Brush the tops of the biscuits lightly with milk.
- Bake the cookies 45 minutes; turn oven off completely but do not remove the biscuits. Let the biscuits sit in the oven overnight (for 10 hours). Store biscuits in an air-tight container.
*Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com