It is hard to think of a more under-appreciated occupation than nursing. The men and women who care for us at our worst put up with long hours, cranky patients, and more bodily fluids than I can imagine. Their feet hurt, they’re tired, and they’re hungry, but none of that is going to stop them from saving my life. This year, if you know a nurse or see one on a regular basis, take a minute to tell them how important they are. To celebrate Nurse Appreciation Week this May 6-12, here are 20 of our favorite slogans to show our love for nurses:
- Save 1 life, you’re a hero. Save 100 lives, you’re a nurse.
- Nursing is caring…but it takes more than a caring person to be a nurse.
- Be patient with patients who are not patient
- Nurses do it with love & care
- Nurses Heal with Love and Band-Aids
- Nurses: On Call with Care.
- Keep Calm and Thank a Nurse
- I’m a Nurse, what’s your Superpower?
- Nurses: Trusted to Care
- Nurses may not be angels but they are the next best thing.
- If love can’t cure it, nurses can.
- Nurses: one of the few blessings of being ill
- Being a Nurse is a endless loving act of heart
- Always thank your nurse, sometimes they’re the only one between you and a hearse
- Doctors Diagnose. Nurses Cure.
- Safety First! Drink with a Nurse.
- You can’t scare me…I’m a nurse!
- I’m a scrubs wearin’, patient carin’, pain relievin’, temperature takin’, chart readin’, hard workin’ kinda nurse
- Nurses can’t fix stupid, but we can sedate it!
Put any of these on a nice lunch bag, a warm fleece, or a versatile lanyard and show them how much you care.