Caps Buying Guide
- Caps Video Buying Guide
- Why Buy Custom Caps
- When and Where to Use Caps
- Things to Consider When Buying Custom Caps
Caps Video Buying Guide
Why Buy Custom Caps
Custom caps are one of InkHead’s most popular product categories. Promotional apparel in general is consistently one of our most popular categories, and hats are one of the highest-selling items in the apparel category.
Caps are popular because they are such effective promotional tools: your brand will get seen hundreds of times each month with just one cap. Multiply that by the number of caps you purchase, and your brand will gain tremendous exposure with just a single order of promotional caps.
What’s more, hats are versatile giveaways. Caps are ideal for both employee appreciation events and customer giveaways. A cap with the school’s logo can be worn by teachers and students alike. Buying caps for your booster club? Great idea. Both donors and beneficiaries can wear them!
Finally, caps provide persistent impressions over time. Because people wear caps often and keep them for years, imprinted or embroidered caps are a great idea as part of your long-term promotional strategy.
Next, we’ll consider when to use caps before discussing things to remember when buying personalized caps.
When and Where to Use Caps
- Seasonal Promotions: Caps make excellent promotional gifts for spring or summer giveaways.
- Outdoor Events: Trying to think of giveaways ideas for the company picnic or ways of promoting outdoor events? Use your (and their) heads!
- Booster Clubs: Year after year, we sell hundreds of caps to student athletic organizations for booster club fundraising, player appreciation events, and more.
- Sports Teams: Similarly, intramural and recreation league teams buy caps and their other sports promotional products from InkHead.
- Charitable Organization and Fundraisers: Caps are consistently one of the most popular custom products for non profit organizations.
- New Employee Welcome: Welcome new hires to the team with a cap customized with your company logo.
- Schools: Caps are one of our most popular education promotional products.
- Private Events: We’ve sold caps to people hosting their own private events, ranging from Super Bowl parties to baby showers. Caps are also very popular custom wedding favors.
- Food Service Uniforming: We’ve sold caps to casual dining bars and restaurants as part of their employee uniforms.
- Fraternities and Sororities: Caps are frequently customized as Greek products for fraternities and sororities.
Things to Consider When Buying Custom Caps
Panels: InkHead sells 5-panel and 6-panel caps. A 5-panel cap features a flat front panel reinforced with buckram, a stiff cotton that stiffens the panel and gives it a higher profile but an unbroken imprint area ideal for silkscreening images. A 6-panel cap has a seam that runs down the center of the forehead, which gives the cap a more relaxed fit and lower profile.
Imprint method: When it comes to customizing caps, the question is to stitch or not to stitch—i.e., to embroider your logo or to screenprint it onto the cap. Both silk-screen and embroidery are available for many of our caps, so be sure to check the item description to determine which method is used by default.
- Silk-screen and heat transfer are viable options for 5-panel caps since they provide an uninterrupted imprint area. It’s also important to keep in mind that in the silkscreen process, especially on a dark-colored cap, some colors may be susceptible to bleed-through and not show up as well.
- Embroidery looks awesome on a cap and gives the item a higher perceived value, which will translate into your promotional cap becoming one of the wearer’s favorites and thus a very visible way to promote your brand. It also gives the cap a crisp look essential for use as part of an employee or team uniform. Embroidery does have its limits, however—especially if your logo or message is color- or graphics-heavy, which will make embroidery a pricier option than silkscreen.
Types: When shopping InkHead’s selection of caps, you will see that our caps have been divided into four sub-categories.
- Flexfit Caps: These are fitted caps with an elastic band designed to stretch and fit around most heads. Flexfit caps have a higher perceived value, making them ideal for corporate gifts and customer appreciation items.
- Performance Caps: Such caps are designed to wick moisture away from the wearer’s head, which makes them perfect for sports teams and other active audiences.
- Structured Caps: These hats feature stiff buckram on the crown of the cap, which provides an ample imprint area.
- Unstructured Caps: These caps do not include stiff buckram on the crown, which makes for a lower profile, more casual cap.
Brands: InkHead carries a handful of retail name brands for custom caps, including Adidas, New Era, and Nike. If you wish to shop by brand, use the Brand filter located on the left side of your screen when browsing our personalized caps.
Made in USA: Want to buy American? Be sure to peruse our Made in the USA caps or use the Made In filter when browsing the caps in our online catalog.
Price: End-quantity pricing for most of our caps falls between $6 and $10. Planning to use the caps for a customer giveaway? We have budget-friendly options available for less than $5 each. If you need caps for an appreciation or employee thank-you event, we have several high-end caps available for sale as well. If you are trying to stay within a certain price per unit, make sure to employ our Price filter on the left-hand side of your screen while you’re browsing our custom caps.
Materials: Caps come in many materials, from breathable brushed cotton twill to light wool (the preferred material of MLB) to moisture-wicking polyester, usually with cotton inner sweatbands to catch and keep sweat off the wearer’s face and grommets for ventilation. A very popular option is the mesh cap, also known as a “trucker’s cap,” which features a polyester front panel and ventilating nylon mesh for the rest of the crown. Looking for a specific material? Make sure to use the Material filter to drill down by specific cap materials.
Sizing: Most adjustable caps are one size fits most. If you have a concern over whether the hat you’re considering will fit all of your recipients, make sure to request a sample beforehand.
Quantity: While some of our higher-end caps have required minimums as low as 5 pieces, and the ultra-budget models require as many as 200 pieces, most of our caps have minimum quantities between 48 and 72 pieces.
Production Time: Although actual production time will vary based on the quantity ordered and decoration method, standard production time for most caps is 10 days. If you need your caps in less time, make sure to opt for rush production and include your required delivery date. We will make every effort to accommodate your request.