Apple pie is an American staple…just like the plain T shirt. Who would want to live without either? Certainly not I. We can help you out in the T shirt department, but you are going to have to make this apple pie yourself.
• 1 store bought pie crust for a 9 inch double crust pie
• ½ cup unsalted butter
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• ½ cup white sugar
• ½ cup packed brown sugar
• ¼ cup water
• 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.