Death by Oreo CupcakesPosted June 6, 2014 | Just For Fun
Yesterday we celebrated Account Manager Jennifer Powells birthday with these amazing cupcakes. They were so good, we had to share the recipe.
• 1 pkg Oreos, regular size
• 1 pkg mini Oreos, for decoration
• 1 pkg chocolate cake mix
• 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
• 8 tbsp. butter, room temperature
• 3 ¾ cup powdered sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix packaged cake mix according to directions. (do not bake yet)
- Line cupcake tins with liner, place a regular size Oreo cookie in the bottom of each one.
- Take ½ of remaining cookies and chop coarsely-add to cake mix. Fill the cupcake tins. Bake for 15 min (or according to box directions). While cupcakes are baking make the frosting.
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla, then add powdered sugar slowly until well blended.
- Chop remaining regular-sized Oreos very fine. Add to frosting.
- After cupcakes are cool put frosting on and decorate with a few mini Oreos on top.