The Easter Egg hunt is done and you’re left with all of those dyed, hard-boiled eggs. What do you do with them now? Eat them! According to Yahoo, here are the three most popular egg recipes.
• 5 eggs
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
• 1 teaspoon steak sauce
• ¼ teaspoon paprika
• ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
• 1 pinch cayenne peper
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Chop eggs and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sweet pickle relish, steak sauce, paprika, and dill into eggs until well mixed; season with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, if desired.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving.
• 8 eggs
• ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
• 1 tablespoon creamy salad dressing
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 pinch paprika
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water and cool.
- Peel and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and combine with mustard, salad dressing and salt and pepper. Mix together until smooth.
- Refill each egg half with the yolk mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
• 1 (15 ounce) can red beets
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• ½ cup white vinegar
• ½ cup cold water
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 4 whole cloves
• 1 small cinnamon stick
• 6 hard-cooked eggs
- Pour the beet juice into a medium-size pot. Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar, water, salt, cloves, and the cinnamon stick. Place the pot over a medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the beets into the liquid mixture and let it cook for an additional 2 minutes to allow the beets to heat.
- Place the hard cooked eggs (with the shells removed) in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Pour the liquid and beets into the container with the eggs. Store the container in the refrigerator for approximately 5 days before eating.