Military Career Fairs Use Promo Products to Raise Spirits and NumbersPosted September 25, 2013 | | Promotions by Industry, Promotions by Theme or Event, Tips and Trends from the Experts
Many forget what a critical role that sincere, honest recruitment plays in keeping our armed forces populated by quality men and women. There are so many critical needs in every branch of our military that a strong recruiting program is vital to the protection of our way of life. One of the ways recruiters improve their admission rates is to personalize the commitment. And military-themed promotional products can enhance that effect exponentially.
Enlistment Trends: Winning the War before the Battles Even Start
In short, enlistment is at healthy levels. The combination of nationalism–sparked by current wars and the decade anniversary of 9/11–and an uncertain, unforgiving economic environment has encouraged thousands of people to enlist in one of our armed forces branches.
Recruiter’s Never Lie, a military recruiting watchdog, reveals some noticeable trends in Department of Defense enlistment statistics:
- Rate of enlistment steady. All four branches of the military average between 6,000 and 12,000 new recruits annually
- Top recruiting branch is no surprise. The Army brings in more recruits each year than any other military branch–almost double any other single branch
- Reserves turn out in full support. All 6 of our reserve branches are seeing similar success in enlistment–some surpassing their yearly predictions
What’s the secret to their ability to remain at full strength? They create a personalized recruiting experience that includes promo products with a military twist.
Promotional Strategies to Drive Enlistment: It’s about Establishing Pride
OK, so you might not consider custom promo items as a vital piece of the enlistment formula. But consider this–a custom Army t-shirt given to a woman considering a career in special ops might encourage her to take that next step.
Here are a few military recruiting event ideas that include product giveaways:
- School-wide fair during lunches. Pass out products and brochures to kids at public and private high schools
- College recruiting fairs. The money-for-college benefit has proven valuable in the past–products can emphasize that message
- City-sponsored parades and carnivals. This opportunity strays true to feelings of home, security, and sense of responsibility
Virtually any public event that attracts young, able men and women is a good time to put together an order and improve the experience for everyone involved.
Go-To Enlistment Apparel and Product Ideas: Add Fun and Flair to Your Event
Before you place an order, keep in mind that the products you select should have quality characteristics: large print area, durable, and relevance. The branch is displayed prominently in a strong font. The colors are muted earth tones that are quietly attractive. The product itself encourages daily use and permanence.
We suggest the following product categories to extend the military brand and make an impression:
- Personalized caps are consistent favorites. Ball caps and beanies offer some of the best apparel real estate you can earn
- Carabiners catch on easily and often. This product represents utility gear–perfect for adventurous souls who camp and work out
- T-shirts appeal to both genders. The classic grey T with Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard in block lettering is iconic
- Military bracelets are a new trend. This personalized promo item continues the craze of the LiveStrong bracelet craze
These might seem like old school giveaways, but they have become the stuff of American lore–symbols of a life spent defending this country and protecting the people and principles such a noble commitment represents.
No comments yet