The Ultimate Golf Tournament Planning GuidePosted August 15, 2013 | Promotional Products, Promotions by Industry, Promotions by Theme or Event, Tips and Trends from the Experts
One of the best ways to keep your business or organization on the minds of your employees, customer and clients is planning a golf tournament. Not only does it give everyone a day to play the sport that they love, but it keeps your business on their minds long after the tournament is over. But don’t be intimidated by the logistics–count on the promotions experts at Team InkHead to help you plan and organize your tournament every step of the way.
Planning a Golf Tournament
The strategy for planning and running a business- or organization-sponsored golf tournament is surprisingly simple. Just follow these basic steps.
- Estimate the number of golfers playing and the number of on-course volunteers
- Choose a tournament date find a course willing to host, booking as far in advance as possible
- Choose a format for the tournament–two-man or four-man scramble, alternate shot or best ball (the host course can help you to decide)
- Let InkHead help you plan the player’s packs and prizes (we’ll talk about that in detail below)
- Publicize the tournament–including the golf course, dates, entry fee, sign up deadlines, prizes and format
- Create committees and recruit volunteers to help you with the tournament day duties
When planning a golf tournament, the golf course you choose to host the tournament will be invaluable in planning and executing your big day. As they have run several tournaments before, the course officials can offer guidance and help you to avoid mistakes.
Creating Custom Player’s Packs for Your Participants
The player’s pack is a collection of custom products that say ‘thank-you’ to those participants who have paid their entry fees. You can use the player’s pack to advertise your business or organization by filling it with quality personalized products from InkHead. Here are some of our best ideas.
- Golf Balls and Golf Tees. Every player will really appreciate a sleeve of personalize golf balls and a pack of tees to start their tournament
- Custom Golf Towels. A custom golf towel with your business logo is a valuable piece of equipment in any player’s pack–not to mention a powerful promotional tool for you
- Custom Golf Ball Markers. When one of your players hits the green, they’ll love a custom golf ball marker to set their place
Put all of these custom golf products in a beautiful bag and hand them out before the tourney and you’ll feel confident in knowing you’ve started the day off right.
Choosing Custom Golf Awards and Prizes
At the end of the day, you’ll top off your tournament with custom golf apparel and equipment to serve as prizes for the winning team, the biggest drive, the longest putt, or any number of the day’s top performers. Team InkHead recommends these custom products:
- Custom Golf Bags. Easily one of the most appreciated prizes you can give–a quality golf bag with custom logo artwork
- Golf Divot Tools. From divot repair tools to folding knives, these custom golf tools and accessories are perfect prizes for your players