Ways to Prevent the Flu and Overcome Flu SeasonPosted February 11, 2013 | | Tips and Trends from the Experts
Why Do We Need Ways to Prevent Flu?
We’ve all had it – we all dread getting it again. Each winter, the season has to share fantastic holidays and snowy landscapes with one of the worst things on earth: the influenza virus. Nothing else puts a damper in skiing, celebrating and even working! So rather than come down with a debilitating sickness for a day or two, take every precaution you can and beat the flu! Want to help your employees do the same? Keep everyone at your company healthy and happy with these great tips and even a few promotional products!
10 Can’t-Miss Ways to Prevent Flu
- Take preventative care. One of the best ways to beat the flu is to prepare for it. Preventative measures can go a long way toward making sure you don’t come down with influenza over the course of the winter, and you’ll want to spread a lot of these tips to your employees, too. Perhaps with a little incentive!
- Exercise all year long. The first preventative step you and your employees can take is to exercise regularly – even in the winter. It’s easy to fall out of the habit come cold weather, especially for the sorts of people who enjoy jogging outdoors, but a healthy immune system benefits from regular workouts. Why not encourage your employees to hit the gym with custom sports bags imprinted with your corporate logo? There’s also a variety of personalized water bottles to choose from!
- Eat well, with plenty of fruits and veggies through the winter. As everyone knows, the right vitamins and minerals give your immune system the necessary boost it needs to take on the worst of the flu. Keep your employees up to date on how a healthy diet can help ward off the flu with signs and handouts in the break room.
- Get your flu shot. It almost goes without saying, but one of the best ways to kick influenza to the curb before it even strikes is to get a flu shot. Why not set up extended lunch hours for employees to head out to local clinics for their shots? Encourage them to go by handing out personalized T-shirts to those who made the trip.
- Stay wary at work. As the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports, we don’t know 100 percent how flu spreads, but experts agree that it’s primarily through tiny droplets that come out via coughing, sneezing or even talking. When someone’s got the flu, and droplets from coughs and sneezes land on or nearby you – that’s trouble. Vigilance is important!
- Clean your hands – often. As the CDC notes, when influenza droplets come in contact with your eyes or mouth, you’re exposing yourself directly to the worst of the virus. Washing and sanitizing hands often is key. Keep employees hands clean with custom hand sanitizer, which won’t hurt your business by getting your brand out there!
- Keep up the fluids, no matter what. Staying hydrated is another great way to ward off the flu and stay healthy. Encourage employees to keep up their water consumption with custom bottled water bearing your company logo.
- Don’t skimp on sleep. Keep that circadian rhythm at a healthy pace and restore your body and immune system each night with plenty of sleep.
- If you do happen to catch it – stay home! In the event that you come down with the flu – because no plan is foolproof – resign yourself to some rest and relaxation.
- Ride out the worst of it while taking care of yourself. Consult your doctor, drink plenty of fluids and relax – the flu season is almost over.
Are There Other Ways to Prevent Flu?
Follow these 10 handy tips and help make sure your flu experience isn’t much worse than battling the common cold. We’re sure these aren’t the only tips out there to help combat flu season. If you have your own, share them in the comments below!
No comments yet