The Top 10 New Features of InkHead 3.0Posted February 16, 2012 | About InkHead.com
Here at InkHead.com, we have always prided ourselves on being on the cutting-edge, but we are always looking for ways to improve. After listening to customer feedback, we rebuilt our website from the ground up. We’ve streamlined the shopping experience in practically every way. Check out the list below to read some of the highlights of what we did.
Top 10 Enhancements of the NEW InkHead 3.0
- A mega menu now allows shoppers to shop by product or by brand with ease. By moving our products into a larger menu, we were able to free up more space elsewhere on the page. The result is a cleaner, less cluttered shopping experience.
- InkHead.com has been fully optimized for use with tablet computers. Instead of being controlled by a mouse-hover, on-site menus are tap-based, making it easier to use InkHead.com on tablet computers.
- The product category pages have been fully redesigned. With featured brands and product lines, you can find what you want faster than ever before. Want to know about a product? Every category page includes dynamic content from the InkHead Blog and Knowledge Base.
- Product specials are easier to find. When we asked our customers what they wanted to see in our new website, several requested that we make the Specials page more prominent. Our simplified navigation has made shopping for specials a snap.
- A new quick quote option allows shoppers to get detailed pricing faster than ever. Since we offer customization on every item in our catalog, providing full pricing details can be difficult without first speaking to the customer. With the new quick quote option, users can pick the products they want and get the complete details on pricing much quicker.
- There is an increased focus on our social media channels. InkHead is active on most major social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Plus. We invite you to connect with us on whichever network you wish.
- The Facebook commenting system makes it easier for customers to leave feedback. We want to know how we’re doing, so we have made it easier for you to leave us a note on specific pages, blog posts, and knowledge base articles.
- Landing pages make it easier to find items by industry, event, or time of year. This will be an ongoing project, but we hope to build out pages for several of our biggest client industries, such as education, government, and healthcare.
- Popular searches are conveniently included in the mega menu. There are just some things—rush production items, made in the USA products, eco-friendly items—that people search for over and over again. We have included direct links to these popular search terms inside the mega menu, too.
- The product comparison engine has been overhauled. As part of our streamlining process, we have made using the product comparison too easier than ever. Quickly compare prices, production times and more by simply checking the Compare box found on product listings.
The Bottom Line
The recent upgrade to InkHead.com makes improvements in site speed, navigation, and usability. We think that we’ve made ordering through InkHead easier than ever before.
What do you think about our latest site enhancements? Let us know by leaving a comment below!