10 Products for New Hire Welcome KitsPosted January 4, 2012 | Promotional Products, Tips and Trends from the Experts
There are a number of ways to welcome a new employee to your company, but new hire welcome bags or kits are one of the most effective ways to build corporate loyalty in a new employee. Here are 10 of our favorite items to welcome a new hire.
Regardless of industry, a new hire will require a pen at one point or another. If you’re looking for a pen with some weight to it, consider the Vienna Ballpoint Pen, a classic push retractable pen with silver accents. Available in 5 colors and with blue or black ink, this pen makes a great foundation to any new hire welcome pack.
Make sure your new employee never misses a meeting with a notepad or note cube, such as the Custom Printed Adhesive Note Cube, which allows you to add vivid, photo-quality images on all four sides of the cube. Featuring official Post-It brand sticky notes, this cube will last well into the new employee’s career at your company.
While business cards are quickly becoming relics of a bygone era, they still hold tremendous symbolic value to employees. After receiving their first box of business cards, new hires will no longer feel like “new hires”—instead, they will feel like part of the team. Stoke this feeling by giving new hires their very own business card holder, such as the lovely Garde Bamboo Business Card Holder, seen here.
Although not every company has a strict dress code, new hires and long-time employees alike will appreciate a high-quality garment, such as the pictured Gildan 50/50 Sport Shirt. This 50/50 cotton/polyester pill resistant jersey-knit sport shirt features a welt collar and welt cuffs, three-button clean-finished placket with wood-tone buttons, and double-needle stitched hemmed bottom for a long-lasting comfortable fit.
Keep it simple with something your new hire will use every day, like a coffee mug. Seen here is the White Stoneware Mug. If new hires don’t drink coffee, they could use the item as a pen cup or share it with their spouse. Is this mug not the one you want? InkHead carries well over 500 varieties of coffee mugs, so you are bound to find one that fits your vision and budget.
More Items for New Hire Welcome Kits
- Custom Mousepads: Many positions require the use of a computer, making a mousepads a great option for new hire welcome kits.
- Custom Water Bottles: Have a workplace wellness program in effect? A water bottle will help the new hire get acclimated!
- Personalized Bags: We carry briefcases, tote bags, and computer bags. Regardless how you want to outfit new hires, Inkhead can help!
- Personalized Journals: Journals are great for company meetings, tracking sales calls, or just jotting a quick note.
- Custom Stress Balls: Maintain a light-hearted work environment and help your new hires relax with a stress ball.
The Bottom Line
When you welcome a new hire with one of the products mentioned here, you are making that person feel like part of the team from the get-go.